Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to Strawberryland: Chapter 1
Quote:“Galaxyman!”

There was that voice again. I couldn’t understand why he was calling for me now.

“What is it this time?”

“I’m here to warn you,” he answered. “Warn you of dangers that are coming!”

I was confused, “What dangers? I thought we took care of all the dangers that that there were before we came here.”

“Don’t be so naive; just because you have come back to Strawberryland doesn’t mean you are safe. Indeed, this place is relatively safe 99% of the time, but if you choose to overlook that 1%, it will be your undoing.”

My gaze stayed locked on the figure in front of me who was dressed in, and surrounded by bright light, “I don’t disagree with this. I know a long time ago that Peppermint Fizz, one of Strawberry Shortcake’s friends, tried to cheat at a pet contest. She also tried to steal her garden away, but she told her how sorry she was every time; today, they are still friends.”

“Yes, indeed!” Strawberry is certainly forgiving, but it could backfire and make her a doormat for people, like Peppermint, to walk all over her.”

“What is that supposed to mean? Tell me!” I demanded.

There was a slight chuckle from the figure, “My, My, you are full of questions aren’t you? Of course, I shouldn’t be surprised.”

“Tell me!” I demanded louder.

“If Strawberry is always as forgiving as you say, then why does it always seem that some of her friends constantly repeat their own mistakes on purpose?” He asked, now with his gaze focused directly at me. I then felt a sensation of really cold air and then I was shivering for a few seconds before the feeling faded

“LOOK!” I said half shouting, “Even my friends and I make mistakes over and over again sometimes, but we always forgive each other and try hard not repeat them.

“That’s true, but as you said, you try hard not to repeat them; however, you don’t intentionally keep doing them, nor do you try to find a new way to do the same thing hoping that no one will suspect that you are disguising what has happened previously.

“What does this have to do with Strawberry, her friends, and Strawberryland? Get to the point already!”

“As you wish.” He was silent for 5 seconds before he continued. “Surely, you must have heard the old saying?”

“What would that be?” I asked.

He chuckled again, “You know? The saying that goes, Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

“Meaning what?”

“Exactly what it is supposed to mean. It describes Peppermint perfectly. Fool me once, shame on you: As you have stated already, a long time ago, Peppermint tried to cheat at the pet contest. At the very end, after she was exposed as a cheater, it was assumed that she felt bad that she was caught and that is just what everybody assumed when she walks off.” He then sighed and shook his head, “Fool me twice, shame on me. Later on during the annual Strawberryland games, she cheated again and this time, she may have not gotten caught, but had she not later confessed to her friend, she would have owned Strawberry’s garden and no one would have ever known what she had done. Of course, Strawberry forgave her and continued to forgive her after every little incident that she committed.”

“Sorry, I’m still not seeing the point,” I told him.”

The figure raised an eyebrow, “All that and you still don’t get the point?” He shook his head, “Shame, shame.” He then laughed.

I was getting upset, “What’s so funny?”

“You mean who is funny? The answer is you. Think about it; if Strawberry keeps forgiving her friends after they keep intentionally doing bad things, then they will continue to walk all over her, even if she can’t or refuses to see it.”

“That all was a long time ago. They are still friends and as far as I’m concerned; Peppermint has complained a lot, but I haven’t ever heard of her trying to cheat or trying to do anything bad anymore.”

“That’s because she hasn’t, yet,” he said, and then narrowing his eyes he continued, “Of course, old habits tend to disappear for a while, but then they can resurface when people are totally unaware of them. I’m not saying that Peppermint will ever do anything like that again, but you would be wise not to ignore the possibilities.”

I sighed, “I know, but what do you want me to do? Spy on her?”

The man in bright light shook his head, “How can you continue to be naïve? This isn’t about Peppermint, Strawberry, or her friends. This is about you and your companions. Even with all of this chatter we have had, you still don’t get it and if you continue to be this way, it will be the end of all of you. That is the last warning I will give you. Goodbye and enjoy your time in Strawberyland.”

I was still puzzled, “So, what do you want me to do?”

Instead of receiving an answer, there was a big and evil sounding laugh as I felt as though I was moving further and further from the figure. I looked behind me and saw a little tiny blackhole. The hole began to get bigger and bigger the closer I came to it until I was consumed. The last thing I remembered was waking up.
Alright, that's intriguing and looks very promising. I'm definitely looking forward to see what happens next.
[Image: TheGrapesChildrenSig.png]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »