Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet cat vent (female in heat)
Is it really, and I mean really necessary to have a cat spayed or neutered? My folks are more or less used to Ruffles bawwing and cawwing often, and yet I just couldn't seem to just pass it off as background noise due to how piercing her mating yells are.

I tried to convince them by showing and explaining the benefits of having said cat spayed, yet they just couldn't seem to care and shrug it off as a non-issue. What gives???

Sparta
[Image: huckleberrypie.smart.jpg]
[Image: sue8hj-6.png]
huckleberrypie Wrote:Is it really, and I mean really necessary to have a cat spayed or neutered? My folks are more or less used to Ruffles bawwing and cawwing often, and yet I just couldn't seem to just pass it off as background noise due to how piercing her mating yells are.

I tried to convince them by showing and explaining the benefits of having said cat spayed, yet they just couldn't seem to care and shrug it off as a non-issue. What gives???

Sparta
I think it's time to get some noise cancelling headphones if you haven't tried any yet. I don't know how much loud cat noise they can block, but at the very least it should make it low enough so you can actually hear whats on your computer or tablet or TV.

Isn't there any sort of animal welfare group you can report the cat to? You may not want to do that as it would be going against your parents wishes and there may be repercussions as well, but if they aren't getting the cat spayed and it's causing the loud noise issue, the animal welfare guys may take it up. Just don't go to PETA or any extremist group.
I love foxes, especially the one in my avatar.
Nah I'm not going to resort to extreme means anyway, let alone tell PETA about this.
[Image: huckleberrypie.smart.jpg]
[Image: sue8hj-6.png]
Never, it's never right to spay or neuter any critter, whatsoever.
I still stand by what I've said before, it's never right to spay or neuter any critter. If they're getting too noisy, better get a headphone or something. You may also try to keep them preoccupied by buying them their own cat toys, it worked for me and our Siamese cat, Dora.